Whether you want to glide on resort slopes, shred through pristine backcountry, or show off your skills at the terrain park, the Winter Park area is rich with snowboarding options.
- The Winter Park Ski Resort touts one of North America's best superpipes and a terrain park that caters to all skill levels.
- Snowboard the backcountry with Powder Addiction or venture out on your own at Berthoud Pass.
- The SolVista Basin Ski Resort offers progression parks and a half-pipe.
Snowboarders, ready yourselves for some rad experiences! Whether you get your kicks out of ripping up terrain parks, gliding down designated trails or venturing into the backcountry, either by foot or via snowcat, you'll find what you're looking for in the Winter Park area.
The Winter Park Ski Resort
Not only can snowboarders shred through the wide variety of terrain over five mountains (Mary Jane, Winter Park, Vasquez Ridge, Vasquez Cirque and the Parsenn Bowl), but for those snowboarders/skiers that like an extra challenge, they can head over to Winter Park's Terrain Park.
- The "Starter and Bouncer" rails are low and flat, giving any beginner the confidence to give them a whirl.
- The most advanced terrain park is the Rail Yard, which includes a controlled-access area called Dark Territory.
- Their superpipe is recognized as one of North America's best!
Contact Info: 800-729-2907 or 303-316-1564.
The SolVista Basin Ski Resort (20 miles from Winter Park)
Snowboarders/skiers can either gravitate toward its half-pipe and progression parks or ride over this resort's two interconnected mountains consisting of 406 skiable acres and 37 designated trails.
Contact Info: 888-850-4615 or 970-887-3384.
Backcountry Snowboarding at Berthoud Pass (About 6 miles from downtown Winter Park)
Berthoud Pass is no longer an operating ski resort, so all of the lifts have been taken out and there is no ski patrol. But to those snowboarders/skiers that are experienced and savvy enough regarding the inherent dangers present, this beautiful backcountry area has 1,200 skiable acres and most of it is considered advanced or expert terrain.
Hiking is required to access terrain and many of the runs filter out at the bottom of the pass, requiring a vehicle to pick skiers/snowboarders back up and toward the parking lot, which is at the pass summit.
Share Your Thoughts
Epic Mountain Sports
Winter Park's favorite Ski, Snowboard, and Winter gear shop! Full service rental, repair, and retail shop. Rental packages for all levels and abilities. Book online, Save 20%!
The BEST ski and snowboard rental in Winter Park, Colorado! What are you waiting for? Get up here and Conquer a Mountain! 20% off advance reservations!