- Mini-snowmobiles (either snowscoots or Polaris 120cc) are available for kids at the Colorado Adventure Park.
- Near Winter Park, explore the many trails within Arapaho National Forest.
- Explore Rabbit Ears Pass near Kremmling.
- Discover tons of trails in Grand Lake, the "Snowmobile Capital of Colorado".
Where can I go snowmobiling near Winter Park?
Harness the power of a snowmobile and explore the forests and mountains of the Winter Park area as you've never seen them before! Guided or unguided opportunities await at several different locations throughout the county. Take a guided tour, rent snowmobiles or bring your own - Grand Lake is known as the 'Snowmobiling Capital of Colorado' with over 300 trails, and Grand County as a whole has over a thousand miles of snowmobile-friendly trails.
Winter Park and Fraser:
Within the Arapaho National Forest that surrounds Winter Park and Fraser, snowmobile trails are maintained along both sides of Highway 40. More info on Arapaho NF Snowmobiling.
Grand Lake Trails:
Take your pick from 300 miles of trails, (150 of which are groomed), as well as many snow fields. Snowmobiling along Grand Lake streets is even legal.
Offering a wide variety of groomed trails right near town.
Three unique areas near Kremmling are superb for snowmobiling:
- Rabbit Ears Pass: Just 45 minutes from Kremmling, open terrain and many trails are available on top of the pass. Download a detailed map.
- Gore Pass: 16 miles from Kremmling, Gore Pass is known for its abundant powder, great for snowmobiling.
- Spring Creek: 10 miles from Kremmling, Spring Creek offers an uncrowded escape for snowmobilers.
Colorado Adventure Park (2 miles from Winter Park):
In addition to tubing adventures, this fun park has a snowscoot trail for the snowscoots (mini-snowmobiles) that kids, ages 6-13 and under 130 pounds, can ride!
- Directions: From Winter Park, drive west on US Highway 40 until you reach the traffic light in Fraser (across from the Safeway). Turn left onto County Road 72 and drive past the Alco Shopping Center; once you pass the underpass and the road forks, stay to the right (County Road 721/Fraser Valley Parkway). You'll see the parking lot on the left side of the road.
- Contact Information: 970-726-5779.
Guides and Tours:
If you are new to the area or the sport, a guided tour is your best option. Discover the views atop the Continental Divide Trail or sign up for a kid friendly tour. Many options await you at local outfitters and tour guides like Grand Adventures or guest ranches like C Lazy U Ranch (see their listings to the right).
Share Your Thoughts
- Snowcat Rides
- Guides & Tours
- Dog Sledding
- Sleigh Rides
- Snow Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Outdoor Rentals
Colorado Adventure Park
Grand County's newest, fastest, largest & safest snow tubing park! We offer tubing, double tubing, & snow scoots. Located minutes from downtown Winter Park. Fun for everyone!
- Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition
Offering information on laws and regulations for use of snowmobiles in Colorado.