- Take a guided hiking tour in the Winter Park mountains lasting a morning, day or whole weekend.
- Winter Park hiking accesses hundreds of miles of trails in nearby national forests and wilderness areas.
- Columbine Lake is a great day hike for the family, while the more adventurous can tackle the St. Louis Divide Trail.
Winter Park Colorado hiking is teeming with excellent trails for all abilities. Pack a sack lunch and bring plenty of water while venturing onto these classic Rocky Mountain trails.
Where to go hiking and backpacking
- Byers Peak Wilderness – The St. Louis Divide Trail traverses the entire wilderness area, which is connected to two other roadless areas, for a nice two or three night jaunt.
- Bottle Peak – Tucked into the Vazquez Wilderness Area, an intermediate trail crests this 11,581-foot summit.
- Columbine Lake – Perfect for the whole family, this well-maintained hike passed wildflower fields to a stunning alpine lake.
- Devils Thumb Pass – This ridgeline hike between two high passes affords incredible views to hikers ready for a challenge.
Several outfitters and organizations offer naturalist-led hikes and guided tours in the Winter Park area. Explore the outfitters below to find a guided hiking trip that's right for you.