- Take a leisurely kayak or canoe trip along the high-alpine shores of Grand Lake.
- The Upper Colorado is a great place to get your feet wet whitewater canoeing or kayaking.
- Canoe and kayak rentals start at between $18-20 an hour.
- The best paddling season usually runs from May through September.
There's nothing better than being out on the river or lake on a warm Colorado summer day. So, pack a lunch and get out on the water at a river or lake near Winter Park.
Where to go canoe and kayak
- Upper Colorado – A great stretch of class II rapids, the “Upper C” is a wonderful beginner whitewater experience. The 15-mile stretch from Pumphouse Campground to Highway 131 bridge .
- Grand Lake – The largest natural lake in Colorado has long shores and two islands ideal for flatwater canoeing and kayaking. Grand Lake is about 45 minutes from Winter Park adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park. Like any large body of water, beware of high winds and stick to shoreline if heavy breezes should arise.
Guided Tours & Rentals
Explore the Winter Park canoe and kayak outfitters listed on this page to find a tour or rental that's right for you.