The Winter Park area might as well be dubbed the Snow Tubing Capital of Colorado!
Hideaway Park (in downtown Winter Park)
A free sledding/tubing hill. Bring your own, or better yet, the Visitor's Center even leaves complimentary sleds out near the hill for people to use.
- Directions: Adjacent to the Visitor's Center and across the street from Grand Sports and the Gasthaus Eichler restaurant.
- Season/Hours: As long as there is snow on the hill, it is available for use.
- Cost: FREE
- Contact Information: 970-726-4118.
The Fraser Tubing Hill (Two miles from Winter Park)
A tow rope will take you to the top and you can choose between the 'fast' or 'slow' lane. There's even a snack bar with hot cocoa.
- Directions: In Fraser, turn left onto County Road 72 and drive past the Alco Shopping Center; once you pass the underpass, stay left and drive up the hill. (You'll see signs.)
- Season/Hours: Mid-November through April, snow permitting. Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., open seven days a week.
- Cost: $20 for 1 hour, $25 for 1.5 hours
- Contact Information: 970-726-5954.
Colorado Adventure Park (Two miles from Winter Park)
Five slopes ranging from beginner to expert, as well as a snowscoot trail. Tubers can ride a magic carpet to the top. There is also a snack bar.
- Directions: From Fraser, turn left onto County Road 72 and drive past the Alco Shopping Center; once you pass the underpass and the road forks, stay to the right (County Road 721). You'll see the parking lot on the left side of the road.
- Season/Hours: Mid-November through late-March, snow permitting. Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., open seven days a week.
- Cost: Tubing: $18/hour, 2nd hour 1/2 off. $10.00 per person for snowscoots, which allows for a 10 minute ride.
- Contact Information: 970-726-5779.
Snow Mountain Ranch/YMCA of the Rockies (about 13 miles from Winter Park)
They offer tubing the old-fashioned way, walk to the top and slide back down. Cafe and Nordic Track nearby.
- Directions: From Winter Park, drive west on US Highway 40 toward Tabernash/Granby. Turn left onto County Road 53 (look for signs) and then stay on this road as you drive through Snow Mountain Ranch. At the first stop sign, the program building will be on the right (behind the big flag).
- Season/Hours: Opens late November/early December and runs through late March/early April, snow depending. Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. During high season, they may keep the tubing hill open into the evening. Check with the Programs Building for details.
- Cost: Free.
- Contact Information: 970-887-2152 ext. 4