- Granby Ranch offers dining and lodging options, rentals and retail, as well as lessons for children and adults.
- The list of activities reaches beyond just alpine skiing and riding, with cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, night skiing and tubing, and a Kids' Play/Tubing Park adding to its roster!
Granby Ranch offers visitors a multitude of winter activities within view of the majestic Continental Divide, and its many amenities allow visitors to consider this is a one-stop shop, encompassing everything from rentals, retail opportunities, lessons, lodging and dining.
Downhill skiers and riders can take advantage of the 37 trails over 406 skiable acres, with 50% of the trails categorized as intermediate. The East Mountain has beginner and intermediate slopes, while the West Mountain offers more challenging terrain, with mostly intermediate and advanced/expert slopes; these two interconnected mountains both lead to the same base. Freestyle Terrain options for the ultra-adventurous include half-pipes, progression parks, and terrain features.
Night Skiing and Tubing
Night skiing and Tubing are both available every Saturday throughout the ski season from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
A nordic trail system branches out from the summit and a skier can either hike to the summit or ride the lift. These trails are not groomed every day so check with the ticket office before you head up there - classic skis will probably be a better bet most days than skate skis. Cross country ski rentals are available.
Snowshoers are welcome to snowshoe on any of the designated snowshoe and cross-country trails that span both mountains. Snowshoe rentals are available.
A Snow Play Park and Kids' Sledding Area
Right at the base, this area is available to enjoy free of charge.
- The Base Camp Lodge offers three dining options: the Seven Trails Grille, with its full bar and outdoor patio equipped with a fire pit; the Dining Hall/cafeteria, and the Higher Grounds coffee shop, for grab-and-go fare.
- Paved parking and courtesy unloading zone at the Base Camp Lodge.
- A Learning Center that specializes in direct-to-parallel instruction; this resort is touted as Colorado's Best Learn-to-Ski Family Mountain.
- A rental and retail shop, allowing visitors the option to rent or buy the latest equipment for alpine skiing and snowboarding.
- Lodging options abound at the base, either in Base Camp One, which is steps away from the lift, or the many other outlying condos, town homes and homes that are for rent in the Granby Ranch area.
Granby Ranch's address: 1000 Village Road, Granby, CO 80446. Phone number: 888-850-4615.
Directions: From Winter Park, drive North on US Highway 40 for about 18 miles. Turn right onto Village Road/CO Rd 89 (this right hand turn is across from the City Market, before the traffic light) and continue on this road for about two miles until you arrive at the Base.
Granby Ranch Ski Area is open daily from mid-December to early-April from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. On Saturdays throughout the ski season, the slopes are open for night skiing and tubing from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Granby Ranch is one of only nine Colorado resorts designated by Colorado Ski Country USA as a GEM ski resort, recognizing it for its reasonable prices, short lift lines, family-friendly atmosphere and off-the-grid location.